Monday, December 5, 2016

10 KEYS TO PERSONAL POWER

10 KEYS TO PERSONAL POWER
BRIAN TRACY

Image result for BRIAN TRACY 10 KEYS 

Image result for clarity quotesKey 1: Clarity
“Have vision. Determine what you want to be, do or have in life. Have a sense of direction and know where you’re going. If you do not have clear specific goals in life, you are doomed forever to work for others who do.”
Clarity means to have something clear, all figures out. It means you know exactly what you want to do or who you want to become. It is more than clear to you what your goals are and how you can accomplish them. If you have clear goals you can have anything and everything you want. In order to achieve your goals you need to have a vision. If you want to accomplish your dreams you need to know what they are. Have them written out on paper and look at them all the time. Going over them a certain amount of times can help you be clearer about them. You’ll want to accomplish them even faster and you’ll be able to have clear what you need to do.
The vision that you should have should be big enough that it will excite you. Always focus on the results and not on what you did to get there.
I will apply this when it comes to reading my 100 goals. It will help me have a big vision so that It can excite me.

 “Clarity is the counterbalance of profound thoughts. “


Key 2: Competence
Image result for competence quotes“If you commit to excellence, opportunities will always come your way. The harder you work. The better you get.”
Every person who has become successful is excellent at the stuff they do. But before they even start they commit themselves to becoming excellent.
 If you want something to be successful then you have to be able to commit to wanting to do it right. You have to work for it hard it won’t just happen without any effort. You need to do everything you can in order become “excellent”.  You have to read books and write and practice. Practice all over again and study even if you already have. You’ll get more opportunities coming your way. Different offers will show up and you get to pick from them. You need to put all the effort you have in the work. Spend time doing the work no matter how long it takes. Most importantly never give up! Always try your best and everything will come out just right.
I will apply this when I’m doing my work. In my school work, even when applying to a job. 
“To create the power of competence without creating a corresponding direction to guide the use of that power is bad education.”


Image result for concentration quotesKey 3:  Concentration
“Make the best use of your time. Ask yourself “is this the best use of my time?” before you start anything.”
Think about if you’re wasting your time before you start anything. Before you watch television or go out with friends matter fact before you do anything. Always have an importance feeling when you are getting something done. When you start a job always finish it. Do not leave the job half way done follow through until you complete it. 
Always try and finish things fast of course do them fast but right. There is no point in completing something if it is wrong. Have the power to set your priorities. Know what it is more important to do first then you can have fun. With everything you do know that it is important. Put all of your effort in what you are doing. Do not get distracted by other non-important things. Never give up on what you are working on. Finish the task you are assigned and complete it all the way. 

I can apply this when completing all of my school work. I will also apply this at home when I have stuff to do around the house. I will first do my priorities and then I will do what comes next.

“Discipline and concentration are a matter of being interested.” 


Key 4: Common Sense
·        Train your mind
·        think things through
·        listen to your intuition
·        learn from setbacks
Image result for Common Sense  quotes
Always listen to your intuition it is the best guide you will always have. Doing things without thinking them is always the cause of failures. When you don’t think your ideas through you don’t have a clear understanding of what you are doing. It causes your things to come out wrong and you wasted your time. Take your time to process what you have to do in order to complete what you want. Don’t just go straight into doing the work without any ideas of what you are doing. I know that most people get into the stuff right away to finish much faster but it’s wrong. When you do things in a hurry you will for sure fail on the task. It’s better to take time on what you are doing.  Just like it says think things through, don’t just stop half way because it got too hard. Learn from what you are doing. Think to yourself of a lesson you can get from doing the task.
I will apply this when completing a school assignment that needs a lot of thinking and any other classwork that I have to do.

“I read, I study, I examine, I listen, I think, and out of all that I try to form an idea into which I put as much common sense as I can.” 



Key 5:
“Except the fact that every human being is a genius. The hallmark of creativity is asking questions. The people who are most creative ask the most questions.”
   This is a very good way to show your creativity.  Never be afraid of asking questions. If you don’t understand something go ahead and ask for help. The more information you get you will understand better. You can create your own new ideas. You don’t have to be right but you are able to view something a different way. You always have to have an open mind to every new idea you hear. Everything you know can always have a second thing to it. It doesn’t have to have a right or wrong way. Try doing things a different way, add things to it or take things away from it. Use all the ideas that come to your mind and test them out. Not all of your ideas might work but some can. Showing that you are creative is a good way to do your school work or projects. 
     I will apply this new key when I’m working on things for school, or when doing a project in a group.
“Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.”


Key 7: Consistency

"Dependable, steady predictable work is always superior to fast spurts of work."

"Be consistent in your relationships, your family, friends, your boss, your work.  Be the person that people can depend upon.  That if you say you’ll do something you do it." 




Key 8: Commitment
"No success is possible without commitment.  The ability to commit yourself whole heartily is the basis of achieving all success."
"Become totally absorbed in your work.  Be totally committed."
   To be committed is to show that you are really interested in what you are working on. It proves that you are able to concentrate on your work. Even when the work gets hard you don’t just walk away from it. Ask for help and all do not give up because that would mean you weren’t committed. Learn to set your priorities. Do not go out with friends if you have to do work. Commit yourself to the work so that you can earn a good grade. Or if the work is not for school and it’s for work, do a good job on it. If you do not commit yourself you will never reach success. While working on your work do not be on your phone, Facebook, or texting it distracts you. You should be completely focused on what you are working on. Don’t have noise or music around you either.
I can apply this to my life when I’m working on school work in order to earn a better grade.
“ You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers.”



Key 9: Courage

Image result for courage quotes“The fear of failure is the single greatest reason for failure in life.”
Courage is something every single one of us should have. 
It is a good way to always accomplish the things you want. Never be afraid to do something you want. Do not let the words of people get to you as well. They can’t complete it and that’s why they try to put you down. Fear is the worst thing that people can experience it takes away all your confidence.  Stay positive if you know you are doing right. Do not doubt yourself because that can cause for you to fall back. Keep pushing forward no matter how hard it gets. Be brave enough to speak your mind. Say the stuff you have in mind as long as they are appropriate. Be strong and stay on what you believe is right even if others think differently than you. 
I can apply this to my life by always doing what I want without any fear. Being brave enough to take steps and trying new things. 
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."


Key 10: Confidence
"You only get confidence by doing things over and over again.”

Image result for confidence quotesThere are plenty of people who lack confidence.  Maybe they get put down by their friends or something. They never think the work is correct. It sucks to see someone doubt themselves so much. I believe everyone should be able to feel confident with what they do. It doesn’t necessary have to be about work or homework, it could be how you look, how you think, anything you can think of. You might not be confident on how you look. You think someone else is prettier or has better hair than you. You should never feel less be confident. Be happy with how you look and who you are. You want to enter a talent show? Go ahead know that you will get in. Don’t underestimate the talent you have. If you know you could do it, then that’s how it will be without any doubts. 
I can apply this to my life in many different ways. Especially when doing homework, Like I know how to do it but I always feel as if it is wrong and I start doubting myself.
      “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”



Reflection: These keys can benefit me in many different ways. They can help me become a better person. They can help me become a better student and perform better in my work.  They have helped me when I get stuck in something and I feel like I can’t keep going, remembering the keys bring me back up to courage. A key I’m applying now is COURAGE AND COMMITMENT. I keep an open mind and I’m not afraid to try something new. Commitment because if I say am going to do something I will get it done.  I won’t leave the work half way done, I rather keep my word. Anyone who feels lost can simply go over these keys and it will change your way of seeing things completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment